- 16 oz whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded/matchstick cut carrots
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water (reserved from pasta cooking liquid)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, reserving at least ¼ cup cooking liquid from the pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare all vegetables (cabbage, carrots, spinach, bell pepper and edamame) and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare sauce by whisking in a small bowl the peanut butter, sriracha, soy sauce, vinegar, water, sesame oil, honey or maple syrup, garlic and ginger.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to the bowl with the vegetables. Pour sauce over pasta and vegetables, and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately. Leftovers will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. This dish may be eaten cold, but is best served at room temperature or warmed up slightly in the microwave.
Amount per serving
Yield: 8 servings
Total Fat 13.2 g
Saturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 417 mg
Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
Total Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 19.3 g
Calcium 106 mg
Iron 6 mg
Potassium 458 mg
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.