Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers offers a full spectrum of OB/GYN care for women of all ages at Bryan Hospital through our New Beginnings Birthing Center and Women’s Health Clinic.
Bryan Hospital’s OB/Maternity Department, New Beginnings Birthing Center, consists of nine large rooms that accommodate new mothers and their families throughout their hospital stay. Mothers will go through labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum in the comfort of the same hotel-like room.
Our Women’s Health Clinic at Bryan Hospital serves women ranging in age from adolescence to post-menopause. Our experienced staff are dedicated to providing top quality OB/GYN services close to home.
Obstetrics is the study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period. At CHWC, our OB/GYN staff specialize in both obstetrics (pregnancy and childbirth) and gynecology (the female reproductive system). We work with physicians, nurses, midwives, and other health professionals to provide you care before, during, and after your pregnancy. During pregnancy, your OB/GYN will:
- Monitor your health, as well as your baby’s, through routine ultrasounds, measurements, and tests
- Diagnose and treat any health conditions that could cause problems during your pregnancy such as high blood pressure, diabetes, infections, and genetic disorders
- Support and identify ways to cope with morning sickness, pain, heartburn, and staying healthy
- Answer any questions throughout your pregnancy
- Help prepare you for labor and delivery
At our Women’s Health Clinic, we offer the following obstetric related services:
- Prenatal care
- Childbirth education
- High blood pressure in pregnancy
- Nutrition and managing weight during pregnancy
- Labor and delivery
- Postpartum care
Need help navigating your pregnancy?
At CHWC, we have someone dedicated to helping you schedule, plan delivery and prepare for your future. Our patient navigator will meet with you one-on-one to answer any questions you may have as well as provide you various childbirth resources available at CHWC.
For more information, contact Stacy Chamberlain, LPN at 419-633-0755.
Gynecology is the study of the female reproductive system, including the vagina, uterus, ovaries, and breasts. At CHWC, our OB/GYN providers specialize in both obstetrics (pregnancy and childbirth) and gynecology (the female reproductive system). We recommend visiting our Women’s Health Clinic for an annual screening as well as if you have any symptoms of pelvic or vaginal pain or abnormal bleeding.
At our Women’s Health Clinic, we offer the following gynecology related services:
- Annual gynecologic exams
- Gynecologic cancer screening
- Adolescent gynecology
- Well-woman care including breast exam and Pap test
- Care for pelvic and vaginal infections, endometriosis, uterine fibroids and polyps, ovarian cysts, vulvar diseases, abnormal uterine bleeding, and pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse evaluation and pessary fitting
- Gynecology clinic procedures include Mirena® IUD (intrauterine device), ParaGard® IUDs and Nexplanon® placement and removal, colposcopy, cervical, vulvar and endometrial biopsies
- Management of symptoms of menopause
- Evaluation and management of menstrual irregularities
If you and your partner are having difficulty conceiving, you are not alone. Due to the intricate nature of the reproductive system, it doesn’t always happen right away. At CHWC, our medical staff can help you understand the causes of infertility and support you moving forward. We offer a broad range of medical and surgical treatment options.
At our Women’s Health Clinic, we offer the following fertility-related services:
- Preconception counseling
- Family planning and contraception
- STD screening and treatment
- Initial infertility testing and treatment
Childbirth Education Programs & Classes
Please note that our childbirth education courses are on hold due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Meet Our OB/GYN Team
Dr. Hanan Bazzi, OB/GYN
Dr. Bazzi completed her residency at the University of Michigan Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and earned her Doctor of Medicine at the University of Michigan Medical School.
Specialties and interests: improving postpartum quality of care, weight gain during pregnancy, chronic pelvic pain, vulvar diseases, and long-acting reversible contraception.
Lindsay Roose, Certified Nurse Midwife
Lindsay Roose earned her Master of Science in Nurse-Midwifery from University of Cincinnati, her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Ohio University in Athens, OH, and her Associate Degree in Nursing from Northwest State Community College in Archbold, OH. Lindsay has nursing experience in emergency care, medical-surgical care, telemetry, cardiac care, education and advocacy, labor and delivery, well-woman care, family planning, menopause management and more.
The term midwife means “with woman.” Midwifery encompasses a full range of primary healthcare services for women from adolescence to beyond menopause. Midwifery care includes but is not limited to: gynecologic exams, family planning, preconception care, care during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. Certified nurse midwives (CNMs) are registered nurses that have graduated from an accredited nurse-midwifery education program with a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) and have passed a national board certification. CNMs in Ohio are also advanced practice registered nurses (APRN).
Schedule an appointment with our skilled OB/GYN team by calling the Women’s Health Clinic at Bryan Hospital: 419-633-0755.
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.