- 4½ cups raw shredded sweet potato
- 12 eggs
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup chopped green onions and/or cilantro
- 4 cups raw baby spinach or kale
- Shred potatoes using a box grater or food processor, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, seasoning and milk. Fold in ½ cup cheese, diced bell pepper, green onion/cilantro, spinach/kale and sweet potatoes. Mixture will be very thick.
- Spread evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining ½ cup of cheese over the top of the casserole. Return to oven and bake until cheese is just melted.
- Allow casserole to cool slightly before serving.
- This casserole is excellent on its own or served with hot sauce or salsa!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for longer storage.
- Assemble casserole up to 48 hours ahead of time. Refrigerate until ready to bake per instructions.
Amount per serving
Yield: 12 servings
Total Fat 8.3 g
Saturated Fat 3.6 g
Cholesterol 196 mg
Sodium 408 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
Total Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 10.9 g
Vitamin D 19 mg
Calcium 136 mg
Iron 3 mg
Potassium 438 mg
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.