- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 2 oz spinach or kale leaves
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Other spices as desired: cayenne pepper, garlic powder, herbs, etc.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spritz with a small amount of oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter into the center of the skillet and gently tilt skillet in all directions to spread the batter into a thin circle. Cook 1–2 minutes or until set, then flip and cook another minute on the other side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter. Makes 6–8 tortillas.
- Serve immediately filled with your favorite wrap, taco or burrito fillings. Unused tortillas may be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen for longer storage—simply reheat in the microwave when ready to serve.
- If the batter is too thick, add more water.
- You may use most other flours in place of the chickpea flour; even whole wheat flour may be used but the product will not be gluten free.
Nutrition information is unavailable at this time.
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.