- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 red or orange bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Chop all vegetables into bite-size pieces, roughly the same size.
- Place all vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Mix the vegetables and oil together until evenly coated. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Cooking time will depend on the size of your vegetable pieces.
- Top with Parmesan if desired, serve and enjoy!
Amount per serving
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 224 mg
Potassium 353 mg
Carbohydrate 8.4 g
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
Sugar 4.4 g
Protein 4 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.