- 4 very ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- ¼- ½ cup plant-based milk
- ¼ cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
- Flavors to taste (cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, cinnamon, jam, frozen fruit)
- Flavor extracts (vanilla, almond, peppermint)
- Mix-ins (chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts)
- Chocolate- Banana, milk, peanut butter, vanilla, cocoa powder or chocolate syrup
- Cinnamon Roll- Banana, milk, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon
- Tropical- Banana, coconut milk, vanilla, frozen pineapple and/or mango
- Strawberry- Banana, milk, vanilla, frozen strawberries, strawberry jam
- Place all ingredients (except mix-ins) in a high speed/power blender or food processor. I like to use my Ninja Chef, which has an ice cream setting. Blend until smooth. My blender has a pestle for pushing down ingredients as it is blending.
- Your nice cream should be the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Stir in any mix-ins and serve immediately. Nice cream is best fresh, but you can store any leftovers in the freezer in an air-tight container—just thaw slightly before serving.
Amount per serving
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat 9.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13 mg
Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
Total Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 4.8 g
Calcium 30 mg
Iron 3 mg
Potassium 554 mg
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.