- 2 lbs button mushrooms, sliced in half, or about ½” thick
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped (⅛ tsp dried)
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, thyme and pepper.
- Add sliced mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Arrange mushrooms on skewers and grill over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and tender.
Umami (noun | oo-mah-mee)
a taste sensation that is meaty or savory — imparted by glutamate and certain other amino acids — often considered to be one of the basic taste sensations along with sweet, sour, bitter and salty.
Amount per serving
Serving size is ⅙ recipe
Total Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 g
Sodium 124.4 g
Potassium 6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
Fiber 1.8 g
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 5.6 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.