- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard or Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large pieces of foil
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and red pepper flakes.
- Add Brussels sprout halves and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts on a piece of aluminum foil. Fold foil around the sprouts to make a foil pack.
- Place foil packs on a preheated grill and cook for 20 minutes. Foil packs may also be cooked over a campfire or in a 400˚ oven for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer sprouts to a serving platter and serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan.
Umami (noun | oo-mah-mee)
a taste sensation that is meaty or savory — imparted by glutamate and certain other amino acids — often considered to be one of the basic taste sensations along with sweet, sour, bitter and salty.
Amount per serving
Serving size is ⅙ recipe
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.7 g
Cholesterol 3.3 mg
Sodium 160 mg
Potassium 300 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11g
Fiber 2.9 g
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 4.3 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.