- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- Chop and mix the rosemary, thyme and garlic. Sprinkle the salt on the herbs and use the side of your chef knife to mash into a chunky paste.
- Place herb mixture and olive oil into a small sauce pan and warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and sizzling (10–15 minutes).
- Allow to cool slightly; best served warm. Serve with crudite (assorted raw vegetables for dipping), such as carrots, bell peppers, turnips, pea pods, radishes, kohlrabi and cucumber or use as a dip for bread. Also excellent as a salad dressing, popcorn topping or brushed on homemade pizza crust. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and use within 2 days.
Amount per serving
Serving size: 1 Tbsp
Total Fat 13.5
Carbohydrate 0 g
Protein 0 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.