- ¼ lb fish per person
- Taco seasoning or your favorite seafood seasoning to taste
- 2 corn tortillas per person
- ½ cup shredded cabbage/slaw per person
- ½ Tbsp coleslaw dressing per person
- Lime juice to taste
- Fresh cilantro or bottled cilantro paste to taste
- Prepared cilantro-jalapeno sauce or your favorite taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by spritzing with non-stick cooking spray or oil. You could also line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place fish fillets on baking sheet and season as desired. Bake about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is baking, prepare slaw. Simply dress your cabbage with a small amount of prepared coleslaw dressing, fresh lime juice, and cilantro. Try keeping the prepared dressing on the lighter side to really let the flavor of lime and cilantro shine through!
- Heat corn tortillas by wrapping in a paper towel and microwaving for 30 seconds.
- When fish is done cooking, break the fillets into bite sized pieces with two forks.
- Build your fabulous, fast fish tacos! Fill each tortilla with about 2 oz fish. Drizzle your sauce of choice over the fish, top with slaw and enjoy! These fish tacos take me back to all of my favorite coastal destinations on even the busiest week nights; I hope you love them as much as my family does!
Amount per serving
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 302 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
Total Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 28.3 g
Calcium 30 mg
Iron 1 mg
Potassium 336 mg
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.