- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 jalapenos, cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, about a hand full
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar (add more or less to taste)
- Optional for serving: cream cheese, tortilla chips, crackers, jicama slices
- Rinse cranberries and discard any that are soft.
- Add cilantro, jalapeno and cranberries to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times until all ingredients are finely chopped, but be careful not to process too much!
- Transfer to a bowl and add grated ginger, lemon juice and sugar. Feel free to adjust the sugar to taste, but less is healthier! Cover and refrigerate for at least a few hours to allow the flavors to develop if time allows.
- Serve plain or over a brick of cream cheese with tortilla chips, crackers, or jicama slices.
Amount per serving
Yield: 8 servings
Total Fat 0.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 1.5 mg
Potassium 62.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 0.4 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.