- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp sugar, honey, maple syrup or sugar substitute
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1½ tsp lemon juice (optional)
- ½ tsp grated lemon peel (optional)
- In a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch, salt, sweetener and water until smooth. Add the blueberries, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 2–3 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over whole grain pancakes or waffles.
Amount per serving
Yield: 2 servings
Total Fat 0.5 g
Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
Protein 0.3 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.