- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp sugar, honey, maple syrup or sugar substitute
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1½ tsp lemon juice (optional)
- ½ tsp grated lemon peel (optional)
- In a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch, salt, sweetener and water until smooth. Add the blueberries, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 2–3 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over whole grain pancakes or waffles.
Amount per serving
Yield: 2 servings
Total Fat 0.5 g
Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
Protein 0.3 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.