- 1 very ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Cottage cheese/ricotta cheese and jam (try Live It recipe for Very Berry Chia Seed Jam!)
- Fresh berries or banana and Nutella
- Peanut butter, banana and honey
- Sautéed cinnamon apples
- In a medium-sized liquid measuring cup or bowl, whisk together mashed banana and eggs until well combined. For a smoother consistency, use a blender or immersion blender instead of a whisk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly mist with oil or nonstick cooking spray. Pour about 2 Tbsp batter into the center of the skillet. Gently tilt the skillet in all directions to spread out the batter into a very thin circle. Cook a 1–2 minutes until set. Flip and cook another 20–30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat process with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with your favorite crepe fillings or refrigerate for later use. Crepes can also be frozen for longer storage—simply reheat in the microwave when ready to serve.
Nutrition information is unavailable at this time.
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.