Urogynecology is a subspecialty that focuses on women’s urology, pelvic problems and the reproductive system. Dr. Ahmed El-Zawahry and Marc Crisenbery, CNP, provide a specialized focus on urogynecology as well as a wide range of urology care at the Parkview Archbold Medical Center—dedicated to the diagnosis, management and surgical therapy of urogynecologic conditions, including:
Overactive bladder – symptoms may include frequent urination, urgency of urination and urge incontinence.
Stress urinary incontinence – a condition that causes loss of urine when exerting pressure or stress on your bladder when you cough or sneeze, laugh, exercise or lift something heavy.
Fecal incontinence – symptoms may include uncontrollable passage of gas or stools, inability to make it to the toilet in time to avoid an accident, diarrhea, constipation, gas and bloating, and abdominal cramping.
Constipation – a common condition that causes infrequent bowel movements, passing of hard stools or strain during bowel movements.
Pelvic organ prolapse – occurs when the pelvic floor muscles are weak or damaged and cannot support the pelvic organs.
In addition to providing specialized focus on urogynecology, general urology conditions are also treated at the Urology Clinic at Parkview Archbold. General urology conditions treated at our clinic include:
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney and bladder stones
- Frequent urination
- Overactive bladder
- Urinary urgency
- Blood in urine
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Atonic bladder and retention of urine
- Interstitial cystitis and pelvic pain
- Contracted bladder and radiation cystitis
- Urethral diverticulum
- Urethral stricture
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Bladder neck obstruction and contractures
- Genital warts
- Neurogenic bladder secondary to stroke, spinal cord injury, MS, Parkinson’s, etc.
- Cancers of the bladder and kidney
Additionally, urology care specifically for men is provided at the Urology Clinic at Parkview Archbold:
- Prostate problems
- Erectile dysfunction
- Enlarged prostate with symptoms
- Penile conditions
- Complications secondary to slings or urinary sphincters
- Male stress incontinence and complications related to procedures
- Cancers of the prostate and testicles
Learn more about general urology services provided at Parkview Archbold by clicking here.