Thursday, October 17, 2019 at New Hope Community Church.
Join us for the Second Annual Michelle Bard Geary Community Cancer Symposium!
The day will include:
- Luncheon featuring keynote speaker Shannon Miller, Olympic gold medalist and ovarian cancer survivor (click here for bio)
- Dermatology and head/neck screenings (appointment required) held all day
- Cancer-related continuing education for medical professionals
- Plus: exciting details about cancer care offerings coming to our community!
Registration opens September 2.
→ Luncheon featuring keynote speaker Shannon Miller (11:30 a.m.–1 p.m.)
→ To schedule a skin or head/neck screening, call 419-636-9800.
→ Continuing Medical Education for Medical Professionals:
- Choose one of these morning sessions (10:15–11:15 a.m.)
- Choose one of these afternoon sessions (1:30–2:30 p.m.)
- Palliative Care in Oncology – Dr. Joseph McCollom
- Cancer Care Practice- Rural vs. Urban Barriers to Care – Dr. Sushil Jain
- General afternoon session (2:45–3:45 p.m.)
- Collaboration in Cancer Care – Dr. Neil Sharma
- Panel discussion (4–5 p.m.)
- Barriers to Cancer Care – Williams County Healthy Department and Drs. Liu, Jain and Sharma, moderated by Northwest State Community College President Dr. Michael Thomson