Thursday, October 17, 2019 at New Hope Community Church.
Thank you to everyone who joined us at the Second Annual Michelle Bard Geary Community Cancer Symposium!
The day included:
→ Luncheon featuring keynote speaker Shannon Miller, Olympic gold medalist and ovarian cancer survivor
→ Skin and head/neck screenings
→ Continuing Medical Education for Medical Professionals:
- Colorectal Cancer Among Young Patients – Dr. Michael Liu
- Gynecological Cancers – Dr. Samar Hassouneh
- Palliative Care in Oncology – Dr. Joseph McCollom
- Cancer Care Practice- Rural vs. Urban Barriers to Care – Dr. Sushil Jain
- Collaboration in Cancer Care – Dr. Neil Sharma
→ Panel discussion – Moderated by Northwest State Community College President Dr. Michael Thomson and featuring discussion with cancer survivors Angelia Foster and Lana Keppeler, and Amy Beck, caregiver.