- 2 cups thick-cut rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread oats, almonds and sunflower seeds on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add cranberries to the oat mixture.
- Chop raisins in a food processor until they turn to a rough paste.
- Warm raisin paste, maple syrup, peanut butter and salt in a small sauce pan or microwave until mixture easily blends together. Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- Line a 13×9” pan with parchment paper; leave some parchment paper hanging over the sides to use as a handle. Spread mixture into the pan and push down with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Lift paper out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into approximately 40 small squares. Store in an airtight container for a few days or in the freezer for longer storage.
Amount per serving
Yield: 40 servings
Total Fat 3.5 g
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Protein 2 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.