Turkey Cutlets with Tart Cherry Sauce
As demonstrated in the “Zzzz’s” episode of Live It – October 2019
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen, pitted tart cherries, halved
- 6 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar or regular balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tbsp chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb turkey cutlets
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender and starting to brown.
- Add cherries, balsamic and chicken broth to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half.
- While sauce is simmering, combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip turkey cutlets in flour, coating both sides evenly.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. Add cutlets and cook on each side until lightly brown and cooked through to a minimum temperature of 165° F.
- Once sauce is reduced by half, stir in the mustard and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cutlets to serving plates and top with cherry sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount per serving
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat 7.6 g
Saturated Fat 1.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.2 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 276.5 mg
Potassium 201.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 29.5 g
Vitamin A 19.9%
Vitamin C 14.3%
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.