- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrots (or try red bell pepper)
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into small pieces (or try a firm mango)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 small jalapeño, finely diced (optional)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- Optional additional spices: black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Chop vegetables and fruits per instructions above and toss together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, cilantro, salt and spices to taste. Pour dressing over slaw and toss to combine.
- Serve as a side dish with any Mexican or Asian dish. This slaw would also be the perfect topping for fish or shrimp tacos!
Amount per serving
Yield: 6 servings
Total Fat 0.2 g
Saturated Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 115.6 mg
Potassium 242.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 1.5 g
Vitamin A 27.6%
Vitamin C 46.1%
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.