- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1–2 Tbsp honey (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 6 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins or dried cranberries
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup crunchy nuts or seeds (pecans, almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds)
- Place dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, raisins, onion and nuts.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well to coat all of the vegetables evenly with dressing.
- For best flavor, refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Leftovers may be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Amount per serving
Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: about 1 cup
Total Fat 5.4 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Potassium 388 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 3.7 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.