- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into ½” thick pieces
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut diagonally into ½” thick pieces
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and parsnips, stirring occasionally, and cook until they start to brown (about 12 minutes).
- Whisk water and honey in a liquid measuring cup until honey is dissolved.
- Add honey water to the skillet and cook covered, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated (about 12 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Amount per serving
Serving size: ½ cup
Yield: 8 servings
Total Fat 3.5 g
Carbohydrate 16 g
Fiber 4.5 g
Protein 1 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.