- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into ½” thick pieces
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut diagonally into ½” thick pieces
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and parsnips, stirring occasionally, and cook until they start to brown (about 12 minutes).
- Whisk water and honey in a liquid measuring cup until honey is dissolved.
- Add honey water to the skillet and cook covered, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated (about 12 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Amount per serving
Serving size: ½ cup
Yield: 8 servings
Total Fat 3.5 g
Carbohydrate 16 g
Fiber 4.5 g
Protein 1 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.