- 1½ cups small-diced sweet potatoes
- ½ cup medium-diced green pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- ½ cup salsa
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- Heat ½ Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Add sweet potato and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add green pepper and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, crack eggs into a medium bowl, then add milk, cheese and pepper. Whisk until eggs are scrambled.
- When the vegetables are tender, transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Add another ½ Tbsp olive oil to the skillet. Add egg mixture and cook until set, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked vegetables, sausage crumbles and salsa to the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Warm the tortillas per package instructions. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the tortillas and fold into burritos. Serve immediately or freeze for later.
Amount per serving
Yield: 6 servings
Total Fat: 13.1 g
Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 3.2 g
Cholesterol: 179.7 mg
Sodium: 570.6 mg
Potassium: 205.4 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 33.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
Sugars: 3.1 g
Protein: 17.0 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.