- 2½ cups Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped red or white onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (add more or less to taste)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. Let stand a few minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
- Season with salt to taste and serve as soon as possible. May be stored in the refrigerator for a few days, but this salsa is best when fresh.
Amount per serving
Serving size: ⅛ recipe
Total Fat 0.2 g
Saturated Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 78.5 mg
Potassium 170.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 0.8 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.