Whole Wheat Crust
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾–1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup hot water (120–130⁰F)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup pesto*
- 2 medium tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- ¾ cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add hot water and oil to the dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Gradually add all-purpose flour until the dough forms into a ball. The ball of dough should be slightly sticky.
- Transfer dough to a clean, floured surface and knead, adding more flour as necessary, until dough is smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Grease a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough on a floured surface to desired shape and size. If using a pizza pan, roll into a 12” circle or, if using a baking sheet, roll into a large rectangle. Transfer dough to the greased pan. Alternately, dough may be pressed into greased pan instead of rolled.
- Spread pesto on top of the dough. Top with sliced tomatoes, chicken, and cheese.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is brown.
Amount per serving
Serving size: ⅛ pizza
Total Fat 13.3 g
Saturated Fat 3.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 6.0 g
Sodium 246.4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
Protein 15.9 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.