- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash asparagus and trim off the woody ends.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and roll asparagus to coat.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven for another minute to melt cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount per serving
Serving size: ¼ recipe
Total Fat 5 g
Carbohydrate 6 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 5 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.