- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- If necessary, grind spices, salt and nutritional yeast to a fine powder, set aside.
- Put oil and a kernel of popcorn in a large pot, cover with lid.
- When the kernel pops, add the rest of the popcorn kernels to the hot oil in the pot and cover with a lid.
- Cook over medium heat, gently shaking and swirling the kernels occasionally until the kernels begin to pop.
- Once the popping lessens and most of the kernels have popped, remove from heat immediately and put the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Promptly sprinkle the popcorn with as much or as little seasoning as you like. Toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!
Amount per serving
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat 8 g
Carbohydrate 16 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 6 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.