- 2 large or 4 small zucchini, spiralized
- ½–1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 oz whole wheat spaghetti noodles (optional)
Stove Top Instructions
- If using pasta, cook according to package instructions. The addition of pasta to this recipe will help absorb any excess liquid from the zucchini noodles (also called zoodles).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zoodles and cook for 3–5 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Add sauce and continue cooking until sauce is heated through and zoodles have reached desired consistency. Add cooked pasta, if you’re using it, and serve immediately.
Crock Pot Instructions
- Add the zoodles to the Crock Pot.
- Cover with marinara sauce.
- Cook on low for 2–3 hours.
- If desired, or if marinara zoodles have too much extra liquid, add cooked pasta. Stir gently to combine. Alternately, uncooked pasta may be added during the last 30–40 minutes of cooking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount per serving
Serving size is ¼ recipe
Total Fat 4.4 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 406 mg
Potassium 332 mg
Carbohydrate 25 g
Fiber 5 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 6 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.