Kale Quinoa Salad
Staff-submitted for at-home edition of Live It: Summer Salads – Summer 2020
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 5 cups thinly sliced Tuscan or regular kale
- 2 cups cooked warm quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped smoked almonds
- Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mayonnaise, oil, mustard, and salt.
- Thoroughly toss the kale with the dressing.
- Toss the quinoa with the dressed kale, and sprinkle with the almonds.
Amount per serving
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1½ cups
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 2.5 g
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 7 g
Sodium 310 mg
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.