- 5 ripe avocadoes
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped jalapeno to taste (optional)
- Garlic – grated whole clove or powder to taste (optional)
- Cumin powder to taste (optional)
- Slice avocados in half, remove seed and scoop avocado out of the shell into a large bowl.
- Add juice of one lime and mash avocado with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir in onion, cilantro, tomato and any other optional ingredients.
- Season with salt to taste and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for a few days; however, some browning may occur.
Amount per serving
Serving size: 1/16 recipe
Total Fat 8.4 g
Saturated Fat 1.2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.3 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 42.0 mg
Potassium 321.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 1.3 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.