- 9 assorted pieces of stone fruit (plums, nectarines, cherries, apricots)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 6 metal or wooden skewers
- Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil to brush on grill
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray grill with cooking spray or brush with olive oil, preheat on medium-high.
- Cut fruit in half and thread onto skewers so that the cut sides line up and lay flat.
- Sprinkle cut side of fruit with sugar and let sit a few minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Place fruit skewers on the grill, cut side down. Grill about 5 minutes or until heated through and caramelized. Transfer to a plate and enjoy!
Amount per serving
Yield: 6 servings
Total Fat 0 g
Total Carbohydrate 28 g
Protein 0 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.