- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 3 Tbsp applesauce
- ¼ cup molasses
- 3 Tbsp nut butter, such as almond or peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pepitas, flax, chia, salt and spices.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, combine applesauce, molasses and nut butter. Microwave for about a minute, remove and stir until well-blended. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10–15 minutes, stir and add dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month.
Notes: Individualize this recipe by using your own spice blend, your favorite nuts/seeds or your favorite dried fruits!
Nutrition information is unavailable at this time.
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.