Staff-submitted for at-home edition of Live It: Summer Salads – Summer 2020
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp vinegar— try red wine vinegar, wine wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, plain vinegar, or 1½ Tbsp lemon juice, or 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine, or shake in a jar.
- Add to salad right before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 10 days.
- Experiment with adding honey, cloves of garlic, and lemon zest to taste.
No nutrition information is available at this time.
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.