- 1½ cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can drained* and rinsed)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup ground oats or flax seeds (flax meal)
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease an 8×8” pan.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients, except chips, until very smooth.
- Mix in chips, then scoop into greased pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. They will look a little undercooked when you take them out, but will firm up as they cool.
*See our delicious Berry Whip recipe for a way to use aquafaba.
Amount per serving
Serving size: 1/12 recipe
Total Fat 2.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 213.2 mg
Potassium 95 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 1.7 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.