- 1½ cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can drained* and rinsed)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup ground oats or flax seeds (flax meal)
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease an 8×8” pan.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients, except chips, until very smooth.
- Mix in chips, then scoop into greased pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. They will look a little undercooked when you take them out, but will firm up as they cool.
*See our delicious Berry Whip recipe for a way to use aquafaba.
Amount per serving
Serving size: 1/12 recipe
Total Fat 2.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 213.2 mg
Potassium 95 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 1.7 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.