- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Lime zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash asparagus and trim off the woody ends.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Whisk the olive oil, chili powder and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle mixture over asparagus and roll asparagus to coat.
- Roast 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with lime zest and salt if desired.
Amount per serving
Serving size: ¼ recipe
Total Fat 4 g
Carbohydrate 6 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 3 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.