- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Lime zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash asparagus and trim off the woody ends.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Whisk the olive oil, chili powder and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle mixture over asparagus and roll asparagus to coat.
- Roast 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with lime zest and salt if desired.
Amount per serving
Serving size: ¼ recipe
Total Fat 4 g
Carbohydrate 6 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 3 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.