- 1½ lbs thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Making sure to let any extra egg drip off the chicken, transfer each piece, one at a time, to the breadcrumbs. Press crumbs to both sides of the chicken. Transfer chicken to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until breading is starting to brown and internal temperature is at least 165º. Remove from the oven and top each piece of chicken with some marinara sauce. Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each piece. Return chicken to the oven for a minute or two to melt cheese. Serve immediately with marinara zoodles, your favorite pasta or a colorful vegetable side dish.
Amount per serving
Serving size is ¼ recipe
Total Fat 8.3 g
Saturated Fat 3.6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.8 g
Cholesterol 104.5 mg
Sodium 334.7 mg
Potassium 93.3 mg
Carbohydrate 8.4 g
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
Sugar 2.1 g
Protein 31.8 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.