- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut into strips/tenders
- 3 sweet bell peppers cut into strips, preferably different colors: red, yellow, orange, green
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 ½ Tbsp oil – olive, avocado, or canola
- 4 tsp taco seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt if using salt free taco seasoning, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of one lime, optional
- Cilantro, hot sauce, guacamole, Pico de Gallo, salsa, sour cream, optional for serving
- Warm tortillas, rice or quinoa, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Pile vegetables and chicken on a large sheet pan and drizzle with oil, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over mixture and toss again to coat evenly. Spread mixture out on the sheet pan.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° or higher. If desired, turn broiler to high and continue cooking chicken and vegetables for another 1-2 minutes to brown, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with lime juice.
- Serve in warm tortillas or over a bed of rice or quinoa. Garnish with cilantro and your other favorite fajita fixings if desired.
Amount per serving: ¼ recipe
Total Fat 7.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.8 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.8 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg
Sodium 566.7 mg
Potassium 367.9 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 39.9 g
Vitamin A 11.6%
Vitamin B-6 14.7%
Vitamin C 436.2%
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.