- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
- 8 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced thick
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Add balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan and heat over medium-low 10–20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- Arrange the tomato and mozzarella slices on a large platter with the basil leaves tucked between the tomato and cheese. Drizzle a bit of olive oil, followed by the balsamic reduction. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Amount per serving
Yield: 8 servings
Total Fat 6 g
Carbohydrate 7 g
Protein 7 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.