- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
- 8 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced thick
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Add balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan and heat over medium-low 10–20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- Arrange the tomato and mozzarella slices on a large platter with the basil leaves tucked between the tomato and cheese. Drizzle a bit of olive oil, followed by the balsamic reduction. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Amount per serving
Yield: 8 servings
Total Fat 6 g
Carbohydrate 7 g
Protein 7 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.