- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or about 2 cans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup crumbled or shredded cheese of choice (e.g. blue, feta, Monterey Jack, cheddar)
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce (or less to taste)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped celery or radish
- 3 10″ tortillas
- Place chickpeas, ¼ cup cheese and buffalo sauce into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached. The mixture may be left a little chunky or processed until very smooth like hummus. Alternately, the ingredients may be mashed in a bowl with a potato masher.
- Add contents of the food processor to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ¼ cup of cheese, green onion and celery/radish. Stir to combine.
- Lay the tortillas out on a clean, flat work surface. Divide the mixture evenly among the 3 tortillas. Spread the mixture out to cover the entire tortilla.
- Gently roll the tortillas up as tightly as possible.
- For best results, refrigerate the rolled tortillas for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Carefully slice the tortillas to desired thickness using a serrated knife. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount per serving
Serving Size: ¼ roll
Yield: 12 servings
Total Fat 3.7 g
Saturated Fat 1.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 5.6 mg
Sodium 450.8 mg
Potassium 147.8 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 5.9 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.