As demonstrated in the “Cravings” episode of Live It – March 2020
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup peanut butter or other nut butter, preferably natural
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash together bananas and peanut butter.
- Add oats and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Drop dough by the spoonful onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Recipe should make approximately eight cookies. Using the back of a spoon, spread each drop of dough out a little to form a circle.
- Bake 12–15 minutes or until cookies are firm and starting to turn brown around the edges.
Note: These cookies are best straight out of the oven while they are still warm! We do not recommend making them in advance.
Amount per serving
Serving size: 2 cookies
Yield: 4 servings
Total Fat 11.9 g
Saturated Fat 3.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg
Sodium 80.8 mg
Potassium 286.2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 7.1 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.