- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1¾ cups skim milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus more for coating skillet
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, slightly thawed (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix until ingredients are just incorporated; do not over-mix.
- Gently fold the mashed bananas into the batter.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Coat with a small amount of butter, oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to pour batter onto griddle.
- Working quickly, drop several blueberries onto each pancake before the batter begins to set (optional).
- When the pancake batter has set around the edges and small bubbles start to form on the top of the pancakes, they are ready to flip. Cook the other side until brown and cooked through.
- Serve with blueberry sauce or your favorite syrup. Enjoy!
Amount per serving
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Yield: 8 servings
Total Fat 4.9 g
Sodium 471.8 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
Protein 7.8 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.