- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 large dill pickles* (about 12 oz), sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp ranch seasoning mix, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
*You may use pre-sliced, thick cut pickles
- Preheat oven to 400º. Pour oil onto a large, rimmed baking sheet and coat the bottom evenly.
- To prepare the dip, in a medium bowl, mix together plain Greek yogurt, 2 tsp ranch mix and chopped parsley. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Use 3 separate shallow bowls to prepare dredging station. Place the flour in the first bowl. Beat the eggs in the second bowl. Combine the panko and 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning in the third bowl.
- Pat pickle slices dry with paper towels. Dip each slice in the flour, then egg, then panko mixture. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Roast on the lower oven rack for 5 minutes, flip slices and roast for another 4–6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with dip!
Amount per serving
Yield: 12 servings
Total Fat 3.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.0 g
Cholesterol 31.4 mg
Sodium 462.3 mg
Potassium 18.2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 2.6 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Service and Wellness Departments at Parkview Health. Each episode is hosted by dietitian Andrea Miller, with a goal of showcasing nutrient-dense foods and teaching viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community.
For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.www.chwchospital.org/live-it.