- 6 thin-cut red apple slices (about ½ small apple)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 15 miniature marshmallows
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one side of three apple slices.
- Place five marshmallows atop the peanut butter on each slice.
- Spread the remaining apple slices with peanut butter and place on top of the marshmallows, peanut butter side down, to make a sandwich.
- The finished product should be grinning at you!
Amount per serving
Serving size: entire recipe
Total Fat 8.2 g
Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
Protein 4.4 g
Live It is a cooking demonstration presented by the Nutrition Food Services and Wellness Departments at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers (CHWC). Episodes are hosted by registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator Andrea Miller, and each features a different special guest sous chef. The goal of Live It is to showcase nutrient-dense foods and teach viewers doable ways to use them in order to promote wellness in our community. Held once a month at Bryan Hospital, the show is recorded by Bryan Municipal Utilities in front of a live all-staff audience. For more recipes and to watch past episodes of Live It, visit www.chwchospital.org/live-it.