Effective Tuesday, April 6, 2021: CHWC is operating at visitor level 2, which allows two dedicated visitors age 18+ per patient during the patient’s hospital stay. Visitors must wear a mask and are limited to a patient’s room or designated area during their visit. COVID positive or suspect patients will continue to be restricted from having visitors during their hospital stay.
How CHWC is keeping patients safe from COVID-19
- Staff and patients are screened upon entry to our facilities. Staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, tiredness) are asked to stay home. Patients are asked to call ahead if they have fever, new cough, sore throat, tiredness, muscle aches or shortness of breath. This allows us to plan for their arrival and take infection prevention steps to keep everyone safe. We are prepared to quickly identify and treat patients with symptoms of COVID-19.
- Staff, patients and visitors are required to wear a mask within our facilities. In addition to being screened upon entry to our facilities, all are instructed to wear a cloth face covering or will be offered a facemask, if available.
- Staff are equipped with proper personal protective equipment (PPE), and we are stressing the importance of hand hygiene, face coverings, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette with patients and staff. Tissues, alcohol-based hand sanitizer and trash cans are provided in our waiting and treatment areas. Soap and water will continue to be available at all handwashing sinks and in restrooms.
- We are continuing routine cleaning and disinfection procedures as recommended for protecting patients from COVID-19. Surfaces, supplies and equipment will continue to be thoroughly and properly disinfected or discarded.
- We are staying up to date with the latest from the CDC. Thank you for everything you are doing to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. We will keep you informed about any new precautions we think are necessary, and please contact us with additional questions.
- Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19: Wearing Masks
- Preventing Respiratory Diseases Like COVID-19
- Ohio Public Health Advisory System
- COVID-19 Travel Advisory
- How to Safely Wear & Take Off a Cloth Face Covering
- The Latest from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Latest from the Ohio Department of Health
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Cases of COVID-19 in the U.S.
Fact Sheets for Healthcare Providers and Patients